Develop an understanding of cultural specific evangelism, learning principles that will assist in presenting a non-western cultural gospel within the Japanese cultural context.
Completion of CSE 101
This eight-week study program builds on the principles introduced in CSE 101. There will be a specific study emphasis on Japan and Japanese culture.
Format for Course:
*From Buddha to Jesus by Steve Cioccolanti, Monarch Books, Available at Amazon
*Sharing the Good News with the Japanese: A Cross-cultural Consideration, by Arthur Rouzer
* Supplamental Reading (Not Required): Shinto: The Gospel’s Gate by Brian T. McGregor, Amazon
Material from the internet:
i. Japan-Guide $0.00 ii. The Cross-Cultural Evangelism Game, Japan Supplement, iii. Operation Japan, CD version is now available from Don Wright. This is an updated version for $5 and linked with the internet. It includes pictures and greatly expanded content. Request for Operation Japan CD
2. Listening & Viewing:
* Weekly Introductory videos by Daniel Kikawa
* RJC Audio Tapes–One Lecture at RJC Audio
– Christian Matsuri
* One panel presentation, Cultural Barriers to the Gospel, Panel from International RJC 2009
2. God’s Fingerprints in Japan, #1 and #2. Order from Aloha Ke Akua Ministries
3. Practical Application:
Interview: Two interviews with Japanese and one with a non-Japanese. If a Japanese person is not available, a contact will be provided.
Weekly Observations: Due every Saturday by 11:59 pm on “What I Have Learned.” This will be submitted on-line and posted on www.rjcnetwork.org, accessible by password only.
Students will read other students’ weekly observations and make comments.