Week 2: Communication April 27-May 3
- Ch. 6, Pg 51-60 “Silence in Japanese Communication,” Chinmoku 沈黙
- Ch. 1, Pg 9-16 “Ambiguity and the Japanese,” Aimai 曖昧
- Ch. 11, Pg 103-108 “An Implicit Way of Communicating in Japan,” Haragei 腹芸
- Anne’s Blog post title: 曖昧な民族or Vague Japanese
Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.
Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- 1. Interact with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
- 2. Discuss how these cultural characteristics might affect your ministry with Japanese people.