Week 3: Japanese Society April 19-25
Reading: Understanding Japan: Part Two: Japanese Society (32 pages)
- Chapter Three: Japanese Family. If you have time, please view this presentation on “Hikikomori,” called The Lost Generation.
- Chapter Four: Japanese Working Life
- Chapter Five: Social Stratification in Japan
If you have time: Japanese Culture 101: Why Japanese and Americans Seem Rude to each Other, by Darien Reinman.
- Interview a Japanese.
- Discuss each of the above three topics from the book.
- How does his/her experience match or disagree with Samuel Lee’s analysis?
- Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.
Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- Continue to adhere to the 100 word minimum for this assignment. Use this as an opportunity to reflect and apply what you have read. This is to be written in your comment section of Japan 101.
- Read as many of the other students’ writings as you have time and comment on at least two of them.