Week 3: Rituals, Religion September 21-27
- Ch. 20, Pg 163-170 “Arranged Marriage in Japan,” Omiai お見合い
- Ch. 25, Pg 201-216 “Japanese Funerals,” Soshiki 葬式
- Ch. 11, Pg 153-159 “The Japanese Sense of the Seasons,” Kisetsu 季節
- Ch. 15, Pg 127-134 “Adopting Elements of Foreign Culture,” Iitoko-Dori いいとこ取り
- Ch. 21, Pg 171-179 “Folktales of Japan,” Otogibanashi おとぎ話
- Anne’s Blog post title: 桜の力or The Power of the Cherry Blossom
- Interview a Japanese.
- Discuss various topics from the book.
- Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.
Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- 1. Interact with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
- 2. Discuss how these cultural characteristics might affect your ministry with Japanese people.