Week 5: Cultural Concepts October 5-11
- Ch. 5, Pg 41-50 “The Way of the Warrior,” Bushido 武士道
- Ch. 8, Pg 71-82 “The Do Spirit of Japan,” Do 道
- Ch. 17, Pg 143-152 “The Japanese Virtue of Modesty,” Kenkyo 謙虚
- Ch. 9, Pg 83-94 “Japanese Patience and Determination,” Gambari 頑張り
- Anne’s Blog post title: 頑張れって言わんでよかろう or You Don’t Need to Say “Ganbare.”
- RJC Video – One Lecture at
Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- 1. Interact with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
- 2. Discuss how these cultural characteristics might affect your ministry with Japanese people.
- Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.