Week 6: Human Relationships #1 October 18-24
- Ch. 12, Pg 109-114 “Japanese Personal Space,” Hedataru to Najimu 隔たると馴染む
- Ch. 13, Pg 115-118 “Private vs. Public Stance in Japan,” Honne to Tatemae 本音と建て前
- Ch. 19, Pg 159-164 “Laying the Groundwork in Japan,” Nemawashi 根回し
- Ch. 2, Pg 17-22 “The Concept of Japanese Dependence,” Amae 甘え
Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- 1. How do these concepts shape your view of the Japanese, building relationships, and evangelism in Japan?
- 2. How could we introduce a relationship with Jesus to Japanese using the concepts of hedataru and najimu? Do you think that they consider Hedataru and Najimu in their relationship with the Lord?
- 3. How can we (should we) address Nemawashii within the church?
- 4. How do we (or should we) encourage honesty and honne within the Church and body of Christ? How do we handle tatemae within the Church and body of Christ?
- Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.