Week 6: Human Relationships May 25-31
- Ch. 12, Pg 109-114 “Japanese Personal Space,” Hedataru to Najimu 隔たると馴染む
- Ch. 13, Pg 115-118 “Private vs. Public Stance in Japan,” Honne to Tatemae 本音と建て前
- Ch. 19, Pg 159-164 “Laying the Groundwork in Japan,” Nemawashi 根回し
- Ch. 2, Pg 17-22 “The Concept of Japanese Dependence,” Amae 甘え
Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- 1. Interact with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
- 2. Discuss how these cultural characteristics might affect your ministry with Japanese people.
- Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.