Week 7: Human Relationships October 19-25
- Ch. 23, Pg 187-194 “Seniority Rules in Japanese Relations,” Sempai-Koha 先輩ー後輩
- Ch. 24, Pg 193-200 “Japanese Group Consciousness,” Shudan Ishiki 集団意識
- Ch. 26, Pg 217-222 “Dual Meanings in Japanese Human Relations,” Uchi to Soto 内と外
- Ch. 10, Pg 95-102 “Japanese Social Obligations,” Giri 義理
Interview: a non-Japanese who has visited Japan. Discuss their impressions. Offer insights from your Japan 102studies.
- Writing: Weekly Paper: “Impressions and Points from Your Reading”
- 1. Interact with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
- 2. Discuss how these cultural characteristics might affect your ministry with Japanese people.
- Pray daily for Japan and Japanese, using Operation Japan. Make a note in your blog concerning the information and/or your prayer.